About FSC Certification
FSC certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits. FSC's vision is to meet the current needs for forest products without compromising the health of the world’s forests for future generations.
Their principles include, but are not limited to, the following:
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT - Maintains the ecological functions and the integrity of the forest by conserving the biological diversity of our water resources, soils, ecosystems and landscapes.
- MONITORING AND ASSESSMENT- Monitoring shall be conducted — appropriate to the scale and intensity of forest management — to assess the condition of the forest, yields of forest products, chain of custody, management activities and their social and environmental impacts.
- INDIGENOUS PEOPLES’ RIGHTS - Recognizes and respects the legal and customary rights of indigenous peoples to own, use and manage their lands, territories, and resources.
- COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND WORKER’S RIGHTS - Maintains & enhances the long-term social and economic well being of forest workers and local communities.
- Our products are chemical and toxin free. Learn more.